Register for Achilles Nashville 9th Annual Hope & Possibility® In-person/Virtual Race 2022
Achilles Nashville 9th Annual Hope & Possibility® Race
Join us as we come together to celebrate hope! With hope anything is possible!
Hope & Possibility® (founded in 2003 by Trisha Meili, author of ) is the signature race of Achilles. The Hope & Possibility® Race, welcomes athletes of all abilities, from elite runners to walkers to wheelers. This race is founded on the belief that sports competitions, such as running races, unite people of all abilities, all colors, and all backgrounds, an important belief for today's times. In Achilles, athletes with disabilities can walk, run, or roll (e.g., wheelchair, handcycle, walker) to participate in running activities or events in order to promote personal achievement, healthy living, and active lifestyles.
Since its founding in 2012, Achilles Nashville has empowered over 300 athletes with disabilities to participate in mainstream running events. We celebrate and honor those who have overcome enormous challenges and will continue our work to move towards a more inclusive tomorrow.
Achilles Nashville is proud to have Treasure/Small Wishes as the Title Sponsor for the 9th Annual Hope & Possibility® 5K and 1-Miler on Saturday, October 1, 2022. A summary of the race options are below:
In-Person or Virtual 1-Miler or 5K :
- In-Person: For local participants, we invite you to run in person on Saturday, October 1, 2022, with Achilles Nashville. The 1-mile and 5K race begins and ends at the Richland Park Greenway at 51st Ave and Wyoming.
- Virtual: Don't live in the Nashville area? No problem! Run, walk, or roll anytime from Friday, September 30 to Saturday, October 1 to participate virtually. You can submit your time for the 5K virtual run only.
Schedule of Events
The race will start and finish at the trailhead on the Richland Creek Greenway (5100 Wyoming AveNashville, TN 37209)The race will start and finish at the trailhead on the Richland Creek Greenway (5100 Wyoming AveNashville, TN 37209)
• 6:35 Tribute to Nashville's First Responders/ National Anthem by Jennifer Schott
• 6:45 First Call to the 5K start
• 6:50 Second Call to 5K start
• 6:53 Final Call to 5K start
• 6:55 AM HANDCYCLE & RACING CHAIR Star
• 6:57 AM 5K PUSHRIM WHEELCHAIR Start
• 7:00 AM 5K Start
• 7:05 The 1-Miler start; wheeled athletes in front
2022 Packet Pick-up Information
Wednesday, September 28: McCabe Community Center (101 46th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37209) 4:00 pm-7:00 pm
Friday, September 30th: McCabe Community Center (101 46th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37209) 2:00 pm-6:00 pm
Saturday, October 1: NO PACKET PICK UP
Register before August 1st to guarantee your swag. Race swag will be mailed within the continental United States, with no international mailings. For questions, please contact Amy Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.